Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
The Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar are the holiest of the several TirthaSthans in the Himalayas and lies in the western part of Tibet(China). A great mass of black rock soaring to over 22,000 feet(6714 meter), Mt. Kailash has the unique distinction of being the world’s most venerated holy place. It is the supremely sacred site for many religious and billions of people.
Hindus believe Mt. Kailash to be the abode of Lord Shiva. According to legend, immortal Shiva lives at the top of Mt. Kailash where he spends his time practicing yogic austerities and making joyous love with his divine consort, Parvati. For Hindus, to make the arduous pilgrimage to Kailash and have a Darshan(divine visit) of Shiva’s abode is to attain release from the clutches of ignorance and delusion. It is divinely said that one circuit of the sacred Mt. Kailash (54 km/32-mile) is enough to wipe out all the sins of a lifetime.
For centuries this snow capped mountain in Western Tibet has been revered by Hindus and Buddhists alike as the Throne of the Gods and the mystical centre of the universe. Two lakes, Manasarovar and Rakastal, lie at the southern foot
For centuries this snow capped mountain in Western Tibet has been revered by Hindus and Buddhists alike as the Throne of the Gods and the mystical centre of the universe. Two lakes, Manasarovar and Rakastal, lie at the southern foot of Mt. Kailash. Ritual bathing in the lakes is performed to wash away sins.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02 : Half day city sight-seeing:Visit to Pashupatinath Temple and Bauddhnath Temple.Evening meeting with team members and briefing regarding the trip.
- Day 03 :Early morning cross border Friendship Bridge from where our Tibetan guide will take you to Zhangmu (9300ft) where you will complete Chinese Emigration 7 custom formalities and will proceed for Nylam (12500ft). Transfer to hotel. Overnight at Nyilam Hotel.
- Day 04 : Rest day for ACCLIMATISATION at Nyelam with an excursion to Milarepa's Cave. O/n at Nyelam Guesthouse.
- Day 05 : Drive about 250Km to Saga (14800ft) arrive by evening where if any passanger is very serious as per doctors advice will be sent back to border. Overnight at camp or Guesthouse.
- Day 06 :Drive about 250Km to Paryang (15100ft). O/n at Yak Guesthouse or Camping.
- Day 07 :Drive 280Km to Manasarovar (15400ft). O/n at Trugo Gompa or Chiu Gompa Guesthouse or Camping.
- Day 08 : Mansarovar Holy Bath after Lunch proceed for Manasarovar Kora visit Sheralung, Thrugu, Chiu Drive to Darchen visit Astapada. Overnight at Darchen Peacock Hotel.
- Day 09 : Drive to Dharboche then those who wish to go for Parikarma will start trekking early morning & reach to Dehrapuk (16300ft). Those who are not going for Parikarma will go back to Dharchen or Manasarovar afger Pooja. Overnight at Camping.
- Day 10 : Parikarma group will further trek to Zuthulphuk (16000ft9 en-route will cross Dolmala pass (18500ft) overnight at camping.
- Day 11 : Short trek from Zuthulphuk to Dharchen then drive to Manasarovar & join group overnight at Guesthouse or camping.
- Day 12 : Rest day at lake overnight at guesthouse or camping.
- Day 13 : Drive to Paryang. O/n at Yak Guesthouse or Camping
- Day 14 : Drive to Saga. O/n at Saga Post Guesthouse or Camping
- Day 15 : Drive to Zhangmu. O/n at Ganggyal Hotel
- Day 16 : Drive downhill to Friendship Bridge following the gorge of Bhote Kosi River for the final leg of the journey to Kathmandu.
- Day 17 : Departure transfer to airport.